Retro Bowl – Who can forget the sweet 16-bit glory days of Tecmo Bowl on NES when pixelated football was all the rage? Well retro gaming fans, time to lace up those cleats and strap on that giant square helmet we all still love! Indie developer New Star Games brings football gaming back to the old school with Retro Bowl – the unofficial spiritual successor letting you experience arcade-inspired gridiron greatness on mobile devices or desktop!
Retro Bowl perfectly recreates those hypnotic and addictive football experiences of yesteryear now jazzed up with modern improvements. As coach and star quarterback, carefully manage the draft, trades, roster and play calling to build a unified squad honed for victory. Then call your own number pounding the rock drive after drive or unleashing nasty spirals to devastating receivers. Master timing passing routes or simply willing your scrambling QB into the end zone a la Bo Jackson in Tecmo!
Expect all your favorite retro football fixings from dramatic diving catches to crunching NFL Blitz style tackles to an inspiring synthesized soundtrack. But upgraded visuals with 16-way directional passes, custom conferences and more strategic depth elevate the experience. Maintain a 40 year coaching career and watch saves easily transferable across platforms via convenient cloud saving.
8 and 16-bit football gaming is eternally cherished and retro homages seem an annual occurrence. But none capture the pixilated gridiron magic quite like Retro Bowl. Developer New Star Games tributes what made the classics iconic then refines and enhances with modern accents. The result is a must-play for football diehards young and old seeking some sweet 90s nostalgia! Now go show those CPUs who dominated playgrounds and game rooms back in the golden age!
Controls Retro Bowl Fan-made:
- Select plays by tapping the playbook and choosing from run, pass, kick.
- Move your QB/ball carrier using the directional pad or by swiping.
- Tap receivers as they get open to pass or tap rushing lanes to run.
- Flick up on the ball at the right time while running for a speed boost.
Gameplay Tips Retro Bowl Fan-made:
- Study opposing defensive formations pre-snap to identify weaknesses.
- Establish the run early to open up deep passes later.
- Double tap receivers to lead them into space and hit timed routes.
- Scramble with your QB if the pocket collapses and no ones open.
- Go for two points after touchdowns with QB sneaks or fades.
- Manage the salary cap across seasons to retain talent.
With a balanced offensive strategy and mastery over play calling and adjustments, you’ll be hoisting Retro Bowl trophies in no time just like back in the golden 16-bit era!